Tuesday, May 18, 2010

As long as I'm getting enough protein

The days are longer and the evenings are still nice and cool, so you would think that this would be the perfect time of day for a nice run through the valley, right? No, wrong. It is an incredibly disgusting time for a run in the valley. I started out around 7 pm and kept thinking to myself...where is everyone? Answer: they are at home not inhaling their weight in bugs. It wasn't so bad at first, because when you hit a swarmy patch you can sort of wave your arms around and dance through them holding your breath (yes, I am aware of how ridiculous I must look, thank you), but 15 minutes or so into the run, there is no holding of your breath. By this point, even the option to breath through your nose is gone. You are huffing and puffing and swallowing mouth fulls of these little flying protein shakes. Or at least I was.

They say that everyone consumes a certain amount of insects in their lifetime. I think I once heard from a reliable insect source that I know that the average human eats 7 spiders a year. (As reliable as this source is, it is very possible that he is completely saying this to give me nightmares). If it is true, so be it. I just really didn't need to consume a years worth in 25 minutes. I feel ill just thinking about it.

Maybe an adjustment to the schedule is required.

1 comment:

  1. lol! I'm imagining you running through the park Phoebe Buffay styles...

    ReplyDelete