Sunday, May 2, 2010

Just a teeny weeny problem.

Well, look at that... It's been almost a whole month since I last updated this site. I took some time away from the training schedule in order to study for a final exam that I had coming up. That was almost 3 weeks ago and I must admit, I've been pretty stationary since then. It's easy to fall into a routine that makes it incredibly easy to justify not working out. I admit...that is exactly what happened. But 2 things happened in the last week that are giving me the much needed kick in the booty that I need.

1) I got a package delivered from Team Fox (remember I have raising funds for Parkinson's research...), and this package contained my fancy Nike dri-fit sporty, racing top that I am going to adorn during my race. When I originally signed up as a fundraiser I got a very nice email from the Michael J Fox foundation explaining that they were temporarily out of team shirts in size medium, and would I mind waiting a month or so. Considering the race isn't until September, I indicated that of course this wouldn't be a problem. Well, the shirt was delivered and there is in fact a small problem. A really small problem. Not a medium sized problem...a "who on earth calls this a size medium" teeny, weeny little problem. Now granted, I understand that these fancy performance fabrics have a little give to them, but I'm not so sure that this thing won't end up being worn as a headband come race day. So, I'm taking it as a bit of "dri-fit" inspiration and let's see if we can't shed a few pounds so that I can squeeze myself in the "medium" shirt and represent!

2) Equally Inspiring (read; there is no backing out now kids!); I am officially registered in my race. I have no details about it except for the general township and day. I am assuming that they will forward me additional details as we approach d-day. (DO-IT Day!). And guess what!?...they also provide a "technical race" shirt as part of your registration dues. Needless to say, I ordered the size large.

1 comment:

  1. wait - what are you running? are you running a marathon??

    ReplyDelete