Monday, September 6, 2010

5 days to go!

It's 10:30 am and I am currently sitting on my couch with my feet up, drinking a lovely cup of coffee and looking out the window at the rain pelting down and the last thing I want to do is go for a bike ride. I'll wait it out for a bit, but in all honesty I'm thinking it probably won't happen...there is still more coffee in the pot.

Just in case you aren't paying attention my race is officially in less than a week! I would be lying if i told you that I wasn't freaking out just a little bit. I think I am in pretty good shape as far as the actual events go, but the transitional logistics are what's scaring me. It has just started to dawn on me that I have no idea how everything comes together. So I've started searching online and of course there are all kinds of training clinics that teach you just that. I guess most people start worrying these things with more than 5 days to go! Oh well..too late now. I figure that there is a very slim chance that I will actually be in the lead, so theoretically there should be someone ahead of me that I can follow.

I hate to ask people for money, but I am doing this event for charity. If you are not among the group of extremely generous people who have contributed already I ask you to please visit my pledge site and consider making a small donation.

http://www.teamfox.org/siteapps/personalpage/ShowPage.aspx?c=pjJ0J8MHIoE&b=5594023&sid=lvK1KcPQIbIYIiMUJsF

This is a great cause and a great organization.

It is still raining....

No comments:

Post a Comment