Wednesday, February 17, 2010

3 minutes

Running. Is. Really. Hard.

I was all geared up to run for 20 minutes at a nice pace. My laces doubled knotted. Water and ipod within reach. And I was off. When the sweat started to pool excessively in unmentionable places and the burning in my thighs started to become unbearable, I looked down at the clock to see that I had been running for all of 3 minutes and 10 seconds. Oh dear. This is going to be a little harder then I thought.

I slowed to a rushed walk (elbows high and bum out...you know the walk). Now that I wasn't running I was able to actually play with the settings on the TV attached to the treadmill. That was when the most beautiful thing happened. I learned that the TV's at the gym have cable. As in The Food Network, Discovery and my all time favourite...TLC. I almost teared up when I learned that What Not to Wear is on from 5pm-6pm everyday. And all I have to do to watch it is show up at the gym and plug myself into some exercise contraption. This is going to be good!

I'll work on the running thing and let you know how that goes. Maybe by next week I'll be able to go for 5 minutes!

Cable. Television. Sweet.

5 comments:

  1. Woooo!! Didn't see this until today, but I'm already so so impressed :D Go Project Action!!!

    I too have experienced the "20 minutes will be easy...*puff puff*, how long has it been now...FORTY-FIVE SECONDS?!!? aaaauuuuggghhhh..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fashion and fitness, what more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha oh Bexy. You should talk to Connie about her running adventures! She was working hard on her running not more than a couple months ago... she might still be running actually! Keep it up! I wish our gym had tvs attached to the treadmills.... or at least air conditioning for that matter..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chucky! I just checked out Running for Dummies...it sounds like Connie and I are really in sync! I can't believe you even have to work out in that heat. Can't you just stand there and sweat? Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol.. that was totally my first reaction too.. i've only run for 45 seconds?! :P

    and lol@ tearing up for what not to wear.. oh beki.. you're awesome :)

    ReplyDelete