Monday, February 15, 2010

Well, here we go...

Project Action, is just what it sounds like. I am ready to start taking action. It is time for me to start actually doing all of the things that I have eluded to doing in the past. I want to stop thinking about what I could do and figure out what I can do. First and foremost I would like to embrace the most literal meaning of the word action. I am going to get moving and get fit. For all of you out there that know me, brace yourself for what's coming next.

ACTION #1: Starting tomorrow February 16, 2010, I am going to start training for a Triathlon.

I realize how completely insane this sounds, believe me! It has actually taken me almost 3 weeks to commit this to writing. Which brings me to action #2.

ACTION #2: I am going to start writing. This is something that I have always talked about doing and short of the on-again, off-again journal writing, I have always excused myself from putting pen to paper for one reason or another. Well, now I have a topic and an outlet. I am going to document my daily efforts and struggles on this blog as I work towards my goal. And yes, I fully intend and wholly expect that you will all laugh at me along the way.

ACTION #3: I will write about this in more depth as we carry on, but I am not just doing all this for myself. Project Action 2010 was actually born out of grief and a feeling of utter helplessness. The loss of my Grand Dad in January 2010 and his truly brave battle with Parkinson's disease has inspired me to...well...take action! I will be asking people to sponsor me in my triathlon and with the help of Team Fox (The Michael J. Fox Foundation), raising as much money and support as I can for Parkinson's research.

There is a lot to digest here and I have a lot to tell you about if you choose to follow and support me in this journey. I hope you do.

5 comments:

  1. Do it, Beks! Get 'er done! :)

    I'd be happy to help out with sponsorships too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey kid, ok, I am going to try this again. posted before, cute and sentimental... this time... YOU CAN DO IT.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. phoebs,clark and tieganFebruary 16, 2010 at 1:18 AM

    Hey Beks, i think it's great, you definitely have our support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love new initiatives to turn over new leaves! Count me on board for whatever motivational support I can muster up for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing a triathlon too!!! Are you doing a full on one? Or the try a tri that I'm going to do? You're a super swimmer and already bike all the time so you could probably do the normal triathlon.. that's so awesome beki!! :)

    ReplyDelete