Friday, February 26, 2010

Run, Run, Run!!!

Today was my first day actually incorporating multiple elements into my training regime. I pushed myself for a pretty grueling 30 minutes on the stationary bike and then moved over to the treadmill where I walked 2 minutes/ran 2 minutes for 30 minutes (but really running - like 'OMG there is an axe yielding madman chasing me' running), all with Stacy and Clinton's sarcastic, egomaniacal humour to distract me. I must say; it went pretty well. I may have had to engage my hands and knees in the process of climbing the one set of stairs up to the ladies change room after; but I didn't want my upper body to feel left out of todays workout!

I have also been working on constructing a high energy play list, that I was planning to put to good use with some outdoor running. (At least that was my plan before it got all wintery and snowy.) This exercise has taught me one thing about my taste in music. That is; nothing I listen to makes me want to get up and go for a run. My music is really more...hmm...I'd love another cup of coffee, but that would require that I put my book down and get out from under the covers; not really move yo' booty material. So, I am currently going through a modern, urban music crash course and I have settled on the following:

Please hold all mockery and judgement until you occupy the treadmill next to me :). Here goes:

1. Hey Mama - Black Eyed Peas
2. Right Round - Flo Rida
3. Pon de Replay - Rihanna

And la piece de resistance...

4. Jump Around - House of Pain (How awesome is that!!??!!??)

This adds up to just under 15 minutes of huff and puff, so I will definitely need to beef this up. I am open to suggestions...

Bonne Weekend mes amis!

3 comments:

  1. Bonne weekend to you too!! love the newest profile pic... memories. Will you be wearing a similar outfit in September?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the idea!! And there was no way I was putting a current picture of myself in a bathing suit up there. Not even for the purposes of a 'before and after'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For motivating music try "I don't know anybody else" by Black Box. That will keep you moving!

    ReplyDelete