Saturday, February 20, 2010

Progress...

Me. Treadmill. Running. 14 minutes. Thank you very much.

After sharing my running woes from early this week it has been brought to my attention that I was perhaps attempting to run at quite a ridiculous speed. Who knew!?! I turned that sucker down and was able to go almost 5 times longer! YeYay! The fact that the lady next to me had her machine set at a higher level and was walking comfortably is not relevant!

After running my 14 minutes (and learning that the hairstylist from America's Next Top Model now has her own show - really some of you are going to loose a lot of respect for me as you learn about my complete garbage taste in TV - but this is why we don't have cable at home...)...anyway, where was I?...oh yes...after running my 14 mins (note; I'm not given you distance achieved for a reason) I moved myself over to the stationary bike for another 15 minutes (I really wanted to see the end of the show and couldn't go another step on that blasted treadmill) and I started to wonder if the Triathlon organizing committee would take issue with me completing the bike portion of the race on my own bike, which looks something comme ca...



Beauty, huh? Okay, that isn't the exact same model. Mine has a hibiscus stenciled on the seat and big white basket on the front.

Maybe Ara will let me borrow his bike. It least his has multiple gears. Ah whatever, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Seeing as I wasn't actually able to complete the training components of week #1, next week will be week #1 (take 2). Tomorrow is a day off and then I hit the pool on Monday.

Hope everyone is having a splendid weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Bex,
    I finally got a moment to check out the blog. Very cute and motivating for many, especially this out of shape mommy trying to obtain MILF status post baby # 2. I think you can ride whatever bike you want. I would go for your personal bike as it definately has more flare. Plus if you needed motivation during the bike portion of the triathlon you could always borrow Sophie's portable DVD player and watch one of your guilty little pleasures! Keep it up!
    Cat

    ReplyDelete