Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I wonder if there's a secret handshake...

I apologize for the delay since my last post. (I know that you are all hanging on my every word!)

The training update: Things have been going very well and I have mostly been focusing on running, as this is the most difficult for me. The weather has been pretty crap, so I have been destined to run on the treadmill (alternating between "What not to Wear and Dr. Oz - it's amazing how inspiring unhealthy people can be!), but today was the first really nice day in about a week. I hit the trail in the valley after work today and ran a little over 4km in 18 minutes. It was pretty cool to actually be able to set a goal like that and achieve it. It was also an interesting people watching exercise. Did you know that there is something like a secret society of runners? With secret salutations and hand gestures!?! I told you there was something suspicious about those running folks! But, seriously...runners are nice people. They wave at you and salute as they run past. Some even say "hello...nice evening". I returned these pleasant gestures with flailing arms and well-intentioned grunting. I guess I haven't been fully initiated into the club yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment