Sunday, March 14, 2010

New Limits and Skinny Digits

After my new found enjoyment of pounding the pavement from earlier this week, the weather forced me back into the gym and back on to the treadmill. (I am quite conflicted, because the TV watching sure is nice, but part of me likes the whole wide world factor). Anyway, I decided that I needed to up the ante, as it were, and set myself some goals. Up until this point, I have been running until I don't feel like running anymore. My upward limit has been about 13 minutes. I decided to set a more definitive goal that might push me beyond my comfort zone. On Wednesday I ran for .... drumroll please ... 30 minutes and a total distance of 2 miles. Obviously, I'm working on the endurance factor here and not speed. On Friday, I thought; "Let's see what I'm really made of" and decided to push it to 40 minutes. I only made it to 38 minutes because I was actually fearful that I was going to loose my footing, bash my face on the handle bars and then get swept away in a puddle of shame by the conveyor belt. But, 38 minutes of run, run, running! I am pretty proud of myself.
I have abandoned the training schedule that I was trying to follow, as I realized that I couldn't actually complete many of the activities. For example: run 60 minutes. So, for now I am focusing on getting my endurance up and then I will give the 10 week training schedule another shot. I am still maintaining 5 days of "training" a week, which is having an impact my waistline. My paints are getting saggy and my rings keep falling off. Can you believe that! I'm loosing weight in my hands! Of all the pudgy places that might benefit from a little loss and I'm loosing weight in my fingers. Ridiculous! Maybe my dreams of becoming a Sally Hansen model are not lost entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment